Wednesday, December 7, 2011

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands ~ part I

In Lucky's five years of life, I believe we have spent one Thanksgiving holiday at home.
So, to keep the tropical tradition alive,
it's time to load up the family and fly to the US Virgin Islands.
 The views from a top Paradise Point are a cruise directors dream...
Took a stroll through the jungle...
to view the caged and vandalized nature...
Lady GaGa wuz here...
!Hooray!
...for mile high Head in the Hole!
Mike and the boys don't much mind riding the gondola up and down the side of a mountain...
...but as for me, I am pretty sure my fear of heights is shining through...
**don't freak out - don't freak out**
Blackbeard's Castle is in Charlotte Amalie and is a National Historic Landmark...
We climbed to the top...
 Tourists to the left of me...
 ...Pirates to the right...
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you...
Scallywags!
Hiked the mapped out route down the 99 Steps...
 In and out of historic hotels, houses....
 ...shops and courtyards...
Ironically, there are actually 103 steps...
 These sweaty brothers shared a banana daiquiri that was to die for...
Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum...
...after further research,
turns out Blackbeard had never even stepped foot into this tower...
A little traditional Caribbean cuisine at Gladys'...
...night time is always the right time...
Up early for breakfast on the balcony...
...before hitting the beach...
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives...
Baby No-Fear
Axel is way down with the water.
Falls over, goes under and comes back for more...
And, he will eat anything,
including sand...
...and sandy cereal bars.
Lucky is most at peace in the sand.
Always has been...
I imagine this guy is too...
How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
Drink up, me hearties!
(this is what vacation nail polish looks like after swillin' some grog)
I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon...
Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
 That’s some treasure chest you’ve got there...
(Sorry, I am merely working off a list of pirate pick-up lines.)
What does this giant basket have to do with anything?
I tell ya, we don't get anywhere too quickly these days...
...but then again, what's the rush?
I'll race ya...
Our pad was ultra fantastic.
Perfect for jumping...
 Perfect for playing...
 Perfect for snacking...
 Perfect for sleeping...
 Perfect for letting it all hang out...
All is right with the world...
To be continued..

No comments: